Release Waiver – Minor
GuideGap Release Waiver – Minor
Parent must consent and review liability waiver
GuideGap LLC Release and Liability Waiver FOR MINORS
This Release and Liability Waiver (“Release and Waiver”) is entered into between the undersigned parent/legal guardian (“I”, “my”) of and on behalf of the user less than 18 years of age (“my Minor”) and GuideGap LLC (“GuideGap”) in connection with my Minor’s voluntary participation in the outdoor activities suggested to my Minor by GuideGap locals (“Trip Suggestions”). For good and valuable consideration of receiving Trip Suggestions, the receipt and sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge on behalf of my Minor, I agree as follows:
- I represent and warrant that I am of lawful age (at least 18 years of age) and legally competent to execute this Release and Waiver, and the signature provided below under “Parent/Legal Guardian” is my own.
- I further represent and warrant that my Minor has provided me with all the material information regarding Minor’s account with GuideGap, Trip Suggestions ordered, and Minor’s participation in the Activities (defined below).
- I represent and warrant that: (a) my Minor’s participation in hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, camping, 4×4 trips, and any and all other outdoor recreational activities for which GuideGap provides or may in the future provide Trip Suggestions (individually and collectively, “Activities”) is voluntary; (b) the Activities are physical activities and carry the risk of danger and potential for property loss, serious injury, and death; (c) I understand that the risks of these Activities include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, conditions of participants, equipment and gear, vehicles, lack of hydration, animals, and the actions of other people; (d) I KNOW AND fully appreciate the risks ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACTIVITIES and voluntarily assume all risks of loss, damage or injury that may be suffered by my Minor or any third party in connection with such Activities and the Trip Suggestions.
- I represent and warrant that my Minor is in good health and can withstand the stresses inherent in the Activities in which my Minor chooses to participate. Further, I am not aware of any health-related problems that may affect my Minor’s ability to participate in the Activities, and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
- I represent and warrant that my Minor has sufficient ability, training, or experience to participate in the Activities and that my Minor provided an accurate description of my Minor’s ability, training, and experience to GuideGap when ordering the Trip Suggestions.
- I am fully and solely responsible for all costs and fees of any kind incurred by my Minor in connection with my use of Trip Suggestions or participation in the Activities.
- I represent and warrant that my Minor will not use alcohol, controlled substances, or other drugs that may affect my Minor’s ability to safely participate in the Activities or operate a motor vehicle prior to or during my participation in the relevant Activities.
- I, ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR, MYSELF AND MY ASSIGNS, HEIRS, DEVISEES AND ESTATE (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASING PARTIES”), HEREBY UNCONDITIONALLY AND FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS GUIDEGAP, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, COSTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES), WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE (WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY, RELATING TO ANY CLAIM I MAY NOW OR LATER HAVE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OR EXPENSE (COLLECTIVELY, “HARM”) THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY MY MINOR OR ANY THIRD PARTY AS A RESULT OF, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY MINOR’S ACCEPTANCE, PARTICIPATION IN, TRAVELING TO OR FROM, AND RECEIPT, USE OF AND/OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITIES SUGGESTED IN THE TRIP SUGGESTIONS, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE BY GUIDEGAP OF MY MINOR’S NAME, RESPONSES TO TRIP QUESTIONS, OR TRIP SUGGESTIONS. I INTEND THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER TO BE EFFECTIVE WHETHER OR NOT ANY HARM RESULTS FROM THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR THEIR RELEASING PARTIES, ASSIGNS, OR INSURERS.
BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER I, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND THE RELEASING PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE, PERSONALLY AND ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR, ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY, TO SUE, OR OTHERWISE MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST GUIDEGAP AND FROM RECOVERING ANY MONEY DAMAGES OR OTHER RELIEF FROM GUIDEGAP IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CLAIMS RELEASED ABOVE.
- All the terms and conditions of this Release and Waiver shall continue in full force and effect now and in the future at all times during which my Minor participates in any Activities or uses any Trip Suggestions provided by or associated with GuideGap and that all the terms and conditions of this Release and Waiver shall be binding upon my Releasing Parties.
- The laws of the State of Colorado will govern this Release and Waiver, without regard to choice of law principles. Actions or claims of any type related to this Release and Waiver shall be brought in the appropriate court in the State of Colorado, USA, and the parties hereby submit to the venue and jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection thereto (irrespective of whether the individual I change my state of residence).
- If a Court should decide that any clause or other portion of this contract is illegal or unenforceable, I agree that such a determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Release and Waiver shall be binding upon me, my Minor, and all Releasing Parties. This Release and Waiver, together with the GuideGap Terms of Service, constitute the final, complete and exclusive expression of terms between GuideGap and me and my Minor. This Release and Waiver may not be amended or supplemented except by a writing signed by GuideGap specifically referencing this Release and Waiver. GuideGap may, in its sole discretion, assign or transfer some or all of this Release and Waiver.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND ACCEPTED THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER, THAT I HAVE SIGNED UNDER MY OWN FREE WILL WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR COERCION, THAT I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM FREE TO SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE AT MY OWN EXPENSE PRIOR TO SIGNING, AND THAT THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED HEREIN REPRESENT AN AGREED ALLOCATION OF RISKS WHICH GUIDEGAP IS RELYING UPON.
MY SIGNATURE OPERATES AS AN ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR AND FOR MYSELF.
Minor Participant: Parent/Legal Guardian: